Join a fast-moving, supportive and rapidly-growing team, where you’ll be able to make a real difference. We’re developing a platform that is revolutionising diagnostics – in everything from Covid-19 management, through to combating bovine TB. This is a great opportunity to work on green-field development in an environment that demands the highest standards of code quality.
Is this you?
We’re looking for a skilled professional with a strong software engineering background – and who’s comfortable working with MySQL. You’ll also be confident in writing unit tests – and be fanatical about testing.
You’ll be comfortable deploying work to AWS and other cloud services – and a pro at specifying and maintaining scalable deployments. We also need you to be enthusiastic about API design – and to be on top of everything that’s new in the world of web applications.
And of course, you’ll be a first-rate problem solver, with analytical and trouble-shooting skills. It’s important that you’re a great team member too, who can work independently – but also collaborate with and support colleagues and make them feel valued. You’ll be able to give and receive feedback constructively – and work to the very highest standards of code quality and best practice.
We can’t wait to see your online portfolio of work.
- Record of delivering or contributing to Web APIs
- Proficient in PHP, HTML, and CSS
- Proficient deploying and updating API installation on AWS
- Excellent knowledge of the Laravel framework
- Comfortable with terminal and basic Unix / Linux maintenance
- Experience using Git (GitFlow experience a bonus)
- Knowledge and experience in RESTful API design
- Proficient with SQL / relational database design
Extra points if you have experience of…
- Securing API installations
- API security best practice
- Working with the Agile methodology
- CI (particularly Jenkins)
- Design and architectural patterns
- CSS frameworks (particularly Bootstrap and Materialize)
This role reports directly to our Head of Technology – and supports our senior API developer.
We know we’re stronger when our team is made up of people from different backgrounds, ages, orientations, genders, religions, races and physical abilities – so whoever you are, however you identify and wherever you’ve come from, we can’t wait to meet you.
There may be some travel – within the UK and to the EU and USA – as part of this role.