Come and help us keep our systems, networks and products secure
Join a fast-moving, supportive and rapidly-growing team, where you’ll be able to make a real difference. We’re developing a platform that is revolutionising diagnostics – in everything from Covid-19 management, through to combating bovine TB. This is a great opportunity to embed human factors and usability engineering at all points of product engagement.
Is this you?
We’re looking for a UI/UX specialist who can work collaboratively to help shape a best-in-class user experience, championing human factors and usability engineering in all aspects of our product life cycle.
You’ll be building out scalable solutions with reusable components. You’ll be playing an instrumental role in contributing and prototyping new features as they’re tested, verified and validated across multiple platforms and devices. You’ll be working in an agile design and development workflow where user needs are assessed frequently and quality is improved in sprints, with short-term deliverables.
We’re looking for someone with a mobile-first approach to UI/UX design who has experience of designing with either responsive or adaptive frameworks, supporting a variety of devices and display sizes, with consideration for limiting factors such as bandwidth. We need you to know mobile design patterns, and have some commercial experience using them in the design and developer handoff, for production of native apps (iOS, Android) or progressive web apps (PWA).
This is a fast-paced environment where you’ll often be wearing many hats. You’ll need to work well across functions, and have the communications skills and experience to hand off design and ship products.
If you’re ready to roll up your sleeves, and have a strong team-player mentality, we’d love to hear from you!
Must-have skills and experience
- Degree in UI/UX design or a related field
- Knowledge of mobile design patterns, designing for multiple platforms (iOS, Android, web)
- Iterative design process – seeking out and acting on feedback to continuously raise the bar
- Continuous improvement of your workflow and learning new tools
- Strong foundation in design fundamentals, including typography, layout, colour, and ability to apply these principles
- Proficiency with design and prototyping tools such as Sketch and Figma
Extra points if you have experience of…
- Working on enterprise-level applications
- Using version control to commit, track and manage changes
- Working in an agile environment
- User testing and collecting feedback
- Remote working experience
This role reports to the Head of Product Design.
We know we’re stronger when our team is made up of people from different backgrounds, ages, orientations, genders, religions, races and physical abilities – so whoever you are, however you identify and wherever you’ve come from, we can’t wait to meet you.
There may be some travel – within the UK and to the EU and USA – as part of this role.